LPA Banner Line

Lasting Powers of Attorney

Shot of an unidentifiable woman consoling her friend by holding her hand
General and Trustee Powers of Attorney

If you find that you are going abroad or will not be available to personally deal with a property sale or purchase a Power of Attorney enables you to give another person legal authority to act on your behalf.

It cannot be used to sign a mortgage deed or Will.

If you jointly own the property with another person, you will require a Trustee Power of Attorney. We can prepare these documents for a fixed fee.

Lasting Powers of Attorney

There are two types of Lasting Power of Attorney which enable you to appoint a trusted family member or friend to deal with your financial affairs and or personal welfare at times when you are not able to do so, or do not wish to deal with yourself.

A Personal Welfare Attorney can make decisions on your behalf about where you live and whether to give or refuse consent for medical treatment. The Attorney can only act if you are incapable of making these decisions yourself.

A Property and Affairs Attorney can make decisions and act on your behalf paying bills, collecting benefits, dealing with investments or selling Property. The Attorney can begin to act as soon as the Power is registered if you so wish.

In both cases the Power of Attorney has to be registered to be effective (registration fee: £120).

We provide you with comprehensive advice on the effect of each kind of Lasting Power of Attorney and prepare the document for you and the Attorney to sign.

We offer this service for a fixed fee and will visit you at home to take instructions.

For further information or to make an appointment to discuss your requirements please telephone us on 01983 533938 or send an e-mail to: info@wheelers-solicitors.com

Download Brochure:
Lasting Powers of Attorney